“from warm paddy fields to alpine forest and towards remorseless glaciers and ice fields”
“Adventure around Dhaulagiri on Nepal Far North West Himalaya
Sweeping panorama of dramatic landscapes and peaks of massive Dhaulagiri range
Amazing journey with grand scenery on daily walks and climb over high French Pass
From warm sub tropic to cool alpine hills and dense forest ending at ice and glaciers
Exploring cultural villages of Magar and Thakali people the hill tribe of western Nepal”
Trek at a Glance:
Accommodations: Hotel-lodge and camping on treks to Marpha at Kaligandaki.
Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous and Challenging in snow conditions
Highest Altitude: Crossing French Pass at 5,360 m high and Thapa / Dampus 5,250 pass.
Activities: Drive and with high altitude trekking
Trek duration: 13 Nights & 14 Days (With drives both ways)
Total Trip: 19 Nights & 20 Days ( Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Seasons: April to June and September to November.
Around Dhaulagiri Trekking an overwhelming and scenic adventure where walk leads from warm semi-tropical of rice paddy fields and terraces to alpine green hills of lovely dense forest towards remorseless fields of ice and glaciers at Dhaulagiri base camp.
High Five Adventure offers Around Dhaulagiri Trekking with great excellent services where you will be well looked after, enjoying this great trek in the company of our expert guides and camping staff.
Around Dhaulagiri Trekking the route of the journey is slowly getting popular among adventurer and trekkers, as this walk leads you to remote and isolated villages and away from human settlement for a week, the delights and thrill of the adventure is being in complete wilderness for many days in the harmony of natural surrounding amidst high snow capped peaks of Dhaulagiri massive.
Dhaulagiri stands at 8,167 m as world’s 7th highest the view of the mountain can be seen from Pokhara valley and around Kaligandaki valley also, the scenery are exceptional on daily walk Around Dhaulagiri Trekking.
Starting with exciting overland drive from Kathmandu to reach at Darbang via Beni and Pokhara, and then walking though isolated farm villages and well tended farm fields to reach the mid hills and into glaciers and moraine at Dhaulagiri base camp, beneath towering and massive Mt. Dhaulagiri and its tumbling ice falls.
After overnight at Dhaulagiri heading to Hidden valley via high French Pass with sweeping views of Dhulagiri-Tuckuche-Manapathi and range of satellite peaks of Dhaulagiri range, with enjoyable time with tough walks heading downhill to Kaligandaki valley at Marpha a charming village of Thakali people famous for apples and its products, from here the route is known as Apple Pie trail also.
Walking on gentle trail reaching warmer areas back into rice fields at Tatopani with a hot-spring where our walk ends for the drive to Beni and Pokhara where this fantastic adventure Around Dhaulagiri concludes.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to your hotels.
Day 02: In Kathmandu preparation for Churen Himal with optional tour.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (35 mins flight & 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Darbang 1,200 m via Beni 900 m -06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Riverside 1,700 m – 04 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Bagar 2,375m -05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dovan 2,600m-06 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Chartare / Bhainsi Kharka 3,000m -05 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Pakhaban (Japanese Camp.) 3,750m -05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4,750m – 06 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Hidden Valley 4,900m via French Pass 5,360m.
Day 12: At Hidden Valley (contingency or spare day).
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,915m – 05 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Marpha 2, 670 – 04 hours.
Day 15: Trek to Lete 2,480m – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Tatopani 1,190m – 06 hrs.
Day 17: Drive back to Pokhara via Beni town (Around Dhaulagiri completes)
Day 18: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 19: In Kathmandu free day with optional tour.
Day 20: International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus. Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis. Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car or Van.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight) Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Waiting for text
Date & Depature
Waiting for text